Self-care is a very important part of your healing success. We are only facilitators for your neuromusculoskeletal health and the power is in your hands to affect lasting change.
Recipe for Self-Care
- Keep yourself well hydrated.
- Eat nutritious food.
- Practice yoga, Thai Chi, or some stretching routine 10 minutes each morning.
- Foam roll 10 minutes before bed. See video above.
- Sleep in a neutral posture. Use pillows to help keep your spine straight and to support your arms, legs and hips.
- Practice good posture when sitting and standing.
- Breathe deeply and slowly.
- Decrease caffeine, salt and sugar consumption. They increase pain perception.
- Develop a positive outlook on life.
- Take frequent breaks from work to stretch and breathe.
- Take an Epsom salt bath every week.
- Get frequent massages.